Are You Inspired by Paper?

If you’re not, you need to reconnect. Why?

Paper is personal.
When was the last time you received a handwritten thank you. If you’re like me, you have a file full of personal notes you’ve kept over the years from family, friends, clients, and employers. There’s something comforting about opening that drawer and reading the thank you I received ten years ago from one of my customers. They took the time to select the paper, crafted their words, sealed the envelope and mail the note – now that’s personal.

Paper is dependable. How many times has your site gone down? With paper, you control the content, type, color, size, and how its delivered. The message you intend is the message your audience receives.

Paper is accessible. I’ve never met anyone that was dumbfounded by a sheet of paper – what you see is what you get.

Paper is portable. One of the things I most look forward to is lounging by the ocean with a good beach read. Sure, I’ve thought about a Kindle, but how does that work when my nephew decides to bury it in his sand fort?

Paper is tactile. You pick it up and you’re hooked. It’s a sensory experience, and since we all experience things differently, the printed image becomes that much more personal. When you can change the weight, texture, and color of a message, you control its perceived value.

Paper makes a good impression. How does a brand feel? What’s the color of a company? That’s how I think when specifying paper. Ever pick up a business card and flick the edge? I do it all the time, and seriously form an impression about that person and their company. For the record, heavier connotes “better.”

Like I said, if you’re not inspired by paper, it’s seriously time you reconnect with it. If you need a little inspiration, contact your favorite paper rep. If you don't have one, it's ok, our sample studio is chock full of inspiring papers.

No comments:

Post a Comment